" As expected, Sony has unveiled the NEX-3 and NEX-5 mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras. The two cameras are both built around the 14.6 megapixel Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor announced at the PMA 2010 exhibition in February and the new, mirrorless E-mount. Both offer high-resolution tilt/flip screens, fast continuous shooting and HD video capture, with 720p from the NEX-3 and 1080i, AVCHD from the NEX-5. Also announced are three E-mount lenses: a 16mm F2.8 pancake, offering a 24mm equivalent field-of-view, a standard 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 stabilized kit zoom, with a 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 stabilized superzoom to follow. We've been using both NEXs for a while and have delved beyond the raw specifications to prepare hands-on previews of both models. "
Here is 10 reason why the new sony NEX mirrorless camera sucks big time..
1. cannot put larger flash..and use propriety port...so cannot mount their bigger dslr flash. no flash hotshoe..
2. cannot AF when mount with existing sony lens even with an adapter
3. is the only camera where the lens bigger than the body. i am talking about E mount lens. not proportional and i doubt the weight distribution is even with lens mounted on it.
4. no build in body IS.
5. panorama mode got lot of artifacts according to cnet review
6. Across most of the frame (especially the corners of course), softness and chromatic aberration are appalling (based on imaging resource sample image)
7. no control dial to switch setting fast.. like change shutter speed or aperture
9. i dont see any slot for electronic viewfinder..
10. no build in camera raw editing like ep1 ep2 and epl1