Wednesday, April 28, 2010
1. it is resource hungry
2. it will not allow you to exclude a certain files or folders from being scan !!!!
Reason no 2 will be enough to get you kill because certain files and folders are meant to be excluded from being scan....just imagine if you are running virtual machine and the AV keep on scanning your VM client files..wtf!!
A simple google on the net return results indicating this is an old issue which McAfee have not fix till today...
If you want to have fast performance for your Windows Vista or Windows 7 .. stay away from McAfee SecurityCenter .. in my case my alienware m11x come with this lousy AV and now i have to uninstall it... maybe of asking dell for a refund of this AV..
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
today the Dell customer service call me and mention the engineer will be onsite to change the rubber feet for me..but to my surprise is not the rubber feet..is the whole back plate!!! This is how the shiny thing look like..
After the Dell engineer open up the Alienware m11x this is how it looks like...
The 4GB DDR3 Ram I notice that they use Samsung RAM
They are using the Samsung Battery ...
Here is the culprit...i cant use the SIM card slot cause the WWAN module is not there.. i might source for one so i can just insert the sim card into the sim card slot and start to surf the net.
The harddisk. i did not check it..most probably Samsung again..
Ok the speaker location is kinda of strange.. it is not located at the best location...so that is the reason why we get crappy sound out from the Alienware m11x...Looking at the speaker material it is not exactly super high grade...
Another speaker which is located at the near center in front of the hard disk
The heatsink..which do all the dirty job cooling down the system
The Dell onsite engineer doing his stuff...
Monday, April 26, 2010
Double click to enlarge...this setting allow alienware m11x to run adobe cs4 in warp speed.
Running Adobe photoshop 4 in Alienware m11x is a questionmark. I have been wondering whether does the 1.3 ghz processor have enough juice to run the CPU intensive application. But wait CS4 can utilize the GPU processor as well! And Alienware M11x have more than enough GPU power...so i found out that enabling the option above will allow you to run Adobe CS4 in a silky smooth speed...
Enable the checkbox "Enable OpenGL Drawing"
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Yeah i know the M11x cooling systyem is superb but i still want a peace of mind.. The Zalman Notebook Cooler ZM-NC1000 perform well under this category. What is so special is the laser cut. The fan has speed control. When u set the fan speed to max u can still hardly hear any sound.. There are 2 fan underneath to keep things cool.
Friday, April 23, 2010
TZiaa aka cherlin the kapersky model is one of my fav in the PC fair 2010 in KLCC
The Sensonic model is pretty too but i dont have her name :P
All the photo above is shot using available light using Olympus E-P2 and Pana Leica 25mm f1.4 lens. The lens really perform under low light where the original kit lens will suffer. Auto focus is fast and accurate too using this lens.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
(Double Click on the image to view large file)
This is the first image i take after my Olympus E-p2 firmware update to ver 1.1
I use iso 1600 P mode. Surprisingly the results look much more better than firmware ver 1.0
The AF definitely has improve. It can focus in near dark location!! yes is true..
[ E-P2 ]
- Improved auto focus speed.
- Improved tracking of C-AF (continuous AF) when recording movies while using M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 or M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-150mm F4.0-5.6.
- Support for the new M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 lens. Frame rate of live view may be reduced if this lens is used without updating firmware.
- Improved operation so menus and images can be displayed on the rear LCD monitor when using the electronic viewfinder VF-2.
- Improved display of the electronic viewfinder VF-2 when using the GRAINY FILM art filter.
More information here:-
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
To work around this you need to goto the following registry and add the application you want the system to exclude from checking before switching the GPU. The whitelist location is shown below:-
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
2. Extract it somewhere on your drive (you will need WinRAR for this).
3. Go inside "mpc_gpu" folder and run the executable "mpc-hc.exe".
A quite old-school looking player will open, but it is one of the most powerful.
Directions for optimizing are as follow:
1. View --> Options --> Player --> Check Launch files in fullscreen --> Press OK
2. View --> Options --> Playback --> Output --> Mark EVR Custom Pres.
3. Play --> Shaders --> Combine Shaders --> Add "sharpen complex 2" and "16-235 -> 0-255 [SD][HD]" --> If you watch a lot of interlaced videos, add deinterlace, too.
After the benchmark i check the temperature of the CPU n GPU which is pretty low i would say for a notebook this small..
2. This is what inside the cool box..another cool box with some strange writing on it.
3. After opening the small box still no sight of m11x..it is only the fucking manual and the charger...
4. After removing the small box the m11x is sighted!!
5. The cool metal plate..too bad no customize name on it
6. The keyboard..yeah can change color with it..can set to morph or pulse tone too..
Monday, April 19, 2010
This time round i did not use any flash for the pc fair event photos..here is my setup:-
Olympus EP2 + 25mm f1.4
Please goto the link Link here and click on "like" if u like the photo..thanks for the support
Thursday, April 15, 2010
All PEN models (E-P1, E-P2 and E-PL1)
* Higher AF speed in still image taking (with all lenses)
Additional functions for E-P1 & E-P2
* Higher AF tracing capacity in C-AF of movie taking (M.ZUIKO 9-18mm & 14-150mm) to same level of the E-PL1
Additional functions for E-P2 and E-PL1 only
* When using the VF-2, you get the flexibility to display the MENU and played image on the LCD (instead of on the VF-2)
* Flexibility to display the REC-VIEW on the LCD (instead of on the VF-2)
Improvements with M.ZUIKO 9-18mm (all PEN models)
* Frame rate adjustment of the live view when used with the new M.ZUIKO 9-18mm
(without new firmware, the frame rate may be smaller on the live view)
Fix of minor technical issues
* Example : The E-P2 displays strange horizontal lines on the EVF when combined with no lens (or old manual lens) and "Grainy Film" setting.
Anyway a lot of ppl is looking for the Adobe Photoshop CS5 download and torrent.
I always get questions like do you photoshop your photo and my answer is yes. In this fake phoney world everyone cheated and lie. To be better and professional most of the photo is heavily photoshop. The level of pro depend on the amount of effort they photoshop their photo...the more the better. As for me i go for the moderate approach.