Ipod shuffle 4th generation - the latest offering from Apple launch on Sept 2010
Ipod shuffle 2nd generation
I still remember when i first got my ipod shuffle from my company as a gift to a company event. My first impression is like wow so small..very minimal design
1. The ipod shuffle 2nd generation come with a usb ipod docking station cum charger. they remove the docking station in ipod shuffle 3rd and 4th generation.. Instead the latest ipod shuffle just have tiny usb cable. what a shame. A lil longer usb cable wont hurt.
2.Earphone from apple is very basic and if you want to listen to the full potential of what ipod shuffle have to offer, use a better earphone. In my case swapping over to use the ipod shuffle with Klipsch Custom-1 and Fiio e5 Amp make the sound of my Mp3 go alive... Well even without the fieeo E5 amp you should be able to spot the difference.
1. The 4th generation feature the comeback of the same control use it 2nd generation ipod shuffle. This is a blessing because in ipod shuffle 3rd generation they remove the control on the device and instead have to rely on the remote control that is bundled together with the earphone. This is stupid cause let say i would to use the ipod shuffle with another earphone i would not be able to control anything on the ipod shuffle.
2. The new feature which feature voice notification of song and battery is what really new in the latest ipod shuffle. Apple did not include any LCD to display song title or tell you how much battery life is available. So in the previous ipod there is nowhere to tell. Apple ipod shuffle 3rd generation has this voice feature but they remove the control button on the device. Apple ipod shuffle 4th generation has the right combination. A fusion between the 2nd and the 3rd.
3. Press the voice button twice and it will report the battery status..cool isn't it!
Press the voice button once and it will tell you the name of the song and singer
Press and hold and it will tell you the playlist song name and artist.
1. From the picture above i think u get the idea how small is the 4th compare to the 2nd generation ipod shuffle.
1. I would say the image quality do improve compare to the 2nd and to the average joe this improvement is hard to tell.
2. However if you want to hear the full potential of this player then you must ditch the original earphone which come with this ipod shuffle. Use a better earphone. It really make a difference..trust me.
The latest offering from Apple is definitely the best ipod shuffle ever produce with all the right combination. I guess the Apple designer is really listening to the customer feedback. At rm175 from Apple store in Malaysia i guess it is the cheapest Ipod for people on budget like me..:)
What i really like is the size. I never fancy bringing large mp3 players around cause it will be a burden when i travel. But the shuffle is just so portable and small.
Go get one you wont regret it.
All the images taken using Olympus PEN E-P2 with Zuiko digital 50mm f2.0